Applications Are Open Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant
NSW small businesses and not-for-profits (NFP) affected by the severe weather and floods in February and March 2022 can now apply for up to $50,000 in government support.
Premier Dominic Perrottet said the Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grants would provide a much needed lifeline to small businesses hard hit by the widespread flooding and the Government would endeavor to get money into bank accounts as quickly as possible. The grants could be used to cover the cost of clean-up and repairs or to restock and reopen.
Businesses owners that have been affected by floods and severe storms can stay up to date with the latest support options on the Service NSW website.
Businesses that would like to be connected with support can register for a call back from a Business Concierge, or call 13 77 88 for assistance.
Applications can be submitted via Service NSW and will remain open until 30 June 2022.
Primary producers can also access grants of up to $75,000 through the Rural Assistance Authority.
Read the full Media Release.
Other Flood Support Resources
- Commonwealth Government’s Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off, non-means tested payment of $1000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child, and is available to eligible people in those affected LGAs who have suffered a significant loss, including a severely damaged or destroyed home or serious injury.
- Children and Young People Wellbeing Recovery Initiative this funding creates programs, events and resources to help children and youth living in storm and flood impacted regions to recover, build resilience, improve wellbeing and strengthen community connections. The grant will remain open until 31 December 2022 or until funds are fully expended, whichever is sooner.
- NSW Government – Support for Individuals
- NSW Government – Support for Businesses
- NSW Government – Support for Farmers
- Small businesses and primary producers can apply for concessional loans of up to $130,000
- Tax Relief via the Australian Taxation Office
- Find some advice about cleaning flood impacted households and businesses
- Business NSW – Support For Flood Impacted Businesses
- Animal Welfare Hotline For Flood Affected Farmers
- Service NSW (or 13 77 88) to access: Accommodation advice; Relevant charitable services; Mental health and wellbeing services; Support for businesses; Financial assistance; Insurance and legal support; and Replacing lost ID.
How You Can Help
- GIVIT are working with government agencies and local communities to manage offers of donated items, services and funds for people impacted by floods across parts of NSW
- For financial donations, consider the Red Cross Flood Appeal
- Crisis Heroes – community heroes helping those in need
- For those looking to volunteer in flood affected areas, please contact the SES for more information on how you may be able to assist