Destination Sydney Surrounds South Ltd invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Board Director.
DESTINATION SYDNEY SURROUNDS SOUTH
A not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, Destination Sydney Surrounds South is the champion of the visitor economy in the Sydney Surrounds South region of NSW.
The Destination Network engages with stakeholders to identify, prioritise and facilitate opportunities to grow the region’s visitor economy.
The Destination Network’s primary responsibility is destination management, informed by the Destination Management Plan for the region and the NSW Visitor Economy Strategy 2030.
To fulfil this purpose, it works closely with Destination NSW, government agencies and a diverse network of visitor economy stakeholders.
For more information about Destination Sydney Surrounds South visit our website: dnsss.com.au
BOARD DIRECTOR: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in at least one and preferably more of the following areas.
- Visitor Economy Knowledge and Experience
- Tourism, visitor economy or related experience
- Experience with private sector companies which work closely with the public sector
- Established regional stakeholder networks and engagement experience
- Investment attraction
- Technical skills/experience
- Corporate governance
- Company secretariat
- Finance and accounting
- Legal including compliance with Corporations Act and director’s duties
- Strategy development and implementation
- CEO/senior management experience
- IT/Digital transformation
- Stakeholder management with a preference for local government and regional business communities
- Experience in building and maintaining partnerships to deliver commercial outcomes
- Marketing/digital distribution
- Public relations, journalism, media spokesperson
- Event planning and management
- Governance Competencies
- Board director experience in a small, medium or large organisation
- Financial literacy
- Strategic thinking
- Planning from a governance perspective
- Executive performance management
- Governance-related risk management experience
- Compliance focus
Desired Behavioural Competencies
The Destination Network seeks to operate a cohesive and effective Board. As such, it will be desirable for applicants to demonstrate the following behaviours and personal attributes.
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Interpersonal relations and collegiality
- Team player/collaborative with strong communication skills
- Ability and willingness to challenge and probe intelligently and reasonably
- Common sense and sound judgement
- Patience and resilience
- Understanding of effective decision-making processes
- Availability, willingness and capacity to devote time and energy to the role
- Brings a range of perspectives (e.g., commercial/public sector/administrative/creative/entrepreneurial)
- High emotional intelligence, creativity and independence to help drive productive internal and external relationships that are essential for the ongoing success of the Destination Network.
Applicants for Board Director roles will need to commit to making an effective contribution to Board discussions by attending approximately six meetings a year as well as proactive stakeholder engagement outside the Board meeting schedule.
Appointments are for up to three years and will be effective from 1 July 2023. The new Director appointments will supplement incumbent Directors on the Destination Sydney Surrounds South Board.
HOW TO APPLY
A Board Director Recruitment Pack is available for the information of applicants. It includes the role description, Destination Network map, remuneration, how to apply and the requirements for these positions. To request a Board Director Recruitment Pack, please email [email protected] with ‘Destination Sydney Surrounds South Board Director Recruitment Pack’ in the subject line.
Your application must include mandatory items 1 and 2 and, if relevant, 3.
- a statement addressing your fit with the required skills and experience for the role (two A4 page-maximum)
- your current CV, highlighting relevant board/governance experience
- an expression of interest in the role of Board Chair and a concise statement about your credentials for the role.
Please submit your application by email to: [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm on Monday 17th April 2023