Tourism boost puts regional NSW on the map
Applications for the $150 million Regional Tourism Activation Fund Round 2 are now open, with grants of up to $20 million available for eligible projects.
Round two of the Regional Tourism Activation Fund supports the development of high impact tourism infrastructure projects that increase visitation, expenditure and extend length of stay for visitors to regional NSW.
Applications for funding can be for a minimum of $500,000 up to a maximum of $20 million.
Types of eligible projects include nature-based tourism infrastructure such as walking, hiking and adventure trails, and arts, culture and events infrastructure such as Aboriginal tourism experiences or major event and festival infrastructure.
Eligible applicants must be one of the following:
- Local Councils
- Joint organisations of councils, or council groupings and associations
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations
- Community organisations registered as incorporated associations
- Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 27 September 2022.
The Department of Regional NSW is hosting an Online Information Session to provide information about the program. It will include an overview of the program guidelines and participants will be able to ask questions about the program and the application process.
When: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am