$20 Million Events Boost to Drive Regional Tourism
Round Two of the Regional Events Acceleration Fund (REAF) was launched on Monday 22 March 2022, supporting major iconic events being delivered from 1 July 2022 through to 30 June 2023 in regional NSW. A further $20 million in funding for regional NSW events is now available through the Regional Events Acceleration Fund Round Two. REAF Round Two follows a successful REAF Round One, where $20 million was spent supporting 94 successful events in regional NSW.
The Regional Events Acceleration Fund aims to boost the economic and social recovery of regional NSW by attracting new major events to regional areas and supporting existing iconic major events to be bigger and better. The addition of a third stream to REAF Round 2 allows for the enhancement of the visitor experience by improving accessibility and inclusion at major events.
Please note that there have been a number of changes to REAF Round Two including:
- The addition of a third stream to support major event accessibility and inclusion. This stream will provide funding of between $15,000 and $100,000 to support temporary and/or permanent event infrastructure that will improve accessibility and inclusion at major iconic events in regional NSW.
- The addition of co-contribution requirements for all three streams.
- New guidelines that clearly outline the assessment criteria for applicants, to assist them to prepare competitive applications.
- A longer communicated timeframe from application to notification of outcomes.
- Eligible events now include regionally significant agricultural field day events.
As in REAF Round One, a letter of support from the applicant’s Destination Network will be strongly encouraged.
The types of eligible events include:
- major sporting and lifestyle events
- major food and beverage events
- major music, art, cultural and regionally significant agricultural field day events.
The Regional Events Acceleration Fund Round Two offers three streams of funding:
- Stream One – Major Event Enhancement
Grants between $50,000 and $200,000 to support existing iconic events by funding improvements and infrastructure to enhance attendance and visitor experience.
- Stream Two – Major Event Attraction
Grants for a minimum of $100,000 to support the attraction and delivery of new major international and domestic events that will become iconic to regional NSW.
- Stream Three – Major Event Accessibility and Inclusion
Grants between $15,000 and $100,000 to support event infrastructure to improve accessibility and inclusion at major iconic events in regional NSW. Applicants must also apply for Stream One or Stream Two to be eligible for Stream Three.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 4 October 2022, or when the funding is fully committed. The assessment process is approximately ten weeks from submission.
- Applications open: Friday 18 March 2022
- Applications close: 5pm Tuesday 4 October 2022, or until funding is fully committed
- Assessment timeframe: Approximately ten weeks from submission